Florida Youth Commission
The Florida Youth Commission is comprised of youth leaders statewide who advise the Florida Children and Youth Cabinet of key issues facing Florida’s next generation. If you are a youth leader in your community and have ideas, and suggestions on ways to engage and assist youth, the Florida Youth Commission is for you!
Goals of the Florida Youth Commission:
- Strive to be a voice for Youth around the state
- Advise the Cabinet on issues important to Florida’s youth
- Develop initiatives and legislation suggestions that aid in the progression of Florida’s youth
- Foster the engagement of Florida’s youth in state government and the projects and initiatives of the Youth Commission
Applications for the 2014-2015 term are now being accepted!
Application Deadline has been extend to Friday, June 6th!
Click HERE for Frequently Asked Questions
- Must be a Florida resident
- Must be student at a high school, college or university (or equivalent) in Florida
- Must be between the ages of thirteen (13) to eighteen (18) years at the time of appointment
- Must have a minimum 2.0 grade point average (GPA)
If you have a question, suggestion, or would like more information about the Youth Commission, please e-mail FloridaYouthCommission@djj.state.fl.us or call (850) 717-2429.