How to Resign Your Notary Public Commission

Please send a letter to our office and include the following information:

1.   Name as commissioned and Certificate number
2.   Attach the original Notary Commission Certificate OR state in the letter it is no longer in your possession
3.   State in the letter that you have destroyed your notary stamp OR that you have included it with the letter for our office to destroy
4.   Provide a forwarding address to send a resignation acceptance letter
5.   Date resignation effective

* If you have a log book, it is at your discretion if you would like to keep it for personal records (recommended), destroy it, or include it with the letter for our office.

** Our office address is:
Notary Section
Office of the General Counsel
The Capitol, Suite 209
Tallahassee, FL 32399


Comments are closed.