What You Need to Know About Accident Fraud
~ Crashes Down, But Costs Still Rising ~
- From 2006 to 2010, the number of Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claims opened or recorded increased 28 percent.
- From 2006 to 2010, payment on these claims increased 66 percent.
- For the same period, PIP litigation increased 387 percent.
- Florida is above the national average in the amount of provider charges per claim – Florida charges being $12,000 versus a national average of $8,000.
- Florida is above the national average in the number of procedures per claim – 100 procedures per claim in Florida and approximately 50 procedures per claim nationally.
- Pure premium increases for PIP of 29 percent in 2012 based on current trends.
- Florida leads the nation in staged crashes and questionable claims.